Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Job Search Ends


So, I didn't get the position at O'Leary Middle School. However, I did get the job at Twin Falls High School! I am so excited! I had a phone interview the week after Jason and I drove up to Twin Falls for O'Leary, and the next day I decided to call the principal at TFHS and ask if I could come up to meet him face-to-face. I guess that impressed him, because I got a call by the end of the week saying they'd like to hire me.
I had a lot of fun running up to Twin Falls again. That was my first solo road trip (Jason needed to stay home to work). I stayed at the Hoffmann's (my aunt Karen's house) in Hagerman which is about 30 minutes from Twin Falls. (Thanks again guys)!
I will be teaching Teen Living, Adult Roles, Foods and Nutrition 1, and Food Management Skills (which means I will be in charge of supervising the student-run before school cafe). I am a bit nervous for that, but otherwise I am totally excited!
This picture is from when Jason and I went up for the first job at the middle school.

No comments: