Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The 5th of July

Every year Provo throws a huge party centered around the 4th of July. One of the big things they do is the Freedom Festival parade. I have been going to this parade without fail for 20 years! Below are some of the floats that went by.


There were many stake floats that went by. The Wasatch stake did a great job on that temple!

The 4th of July just wouldn't be the same without dad. (And the rest of the family too).

I thought this float was kinda funny. It is the Republican party float.

This was the Tuachn Theatre float showcasing their upcoming Tarzan play.

This float was really cool.

This float is actually my home stake's float. They did a great job! Apparently my family spent one FHE pulling out last year's staples for 3 hours to get ready for this year.

Instead of going home to the traditional Barney nap after the parade, dad and I wandered around Colonial Days, the Freedom Festival and the car show down at the mall. I only took pictures at Colonial days, however, we had a great time all over the place.


This is a member of my home ward, Brother Scheetz. He built that lathe himself!

Of course I had to put this in. I told my dad he needs to make me one of these and one of the lap looms that we saw as well. Wouldn't it be so neat to spin the yarn, weave it, and construct something all yourself?

A tribute to those who have been killed in action this year.

This was in the printing museum. My stake spent several days "transcribing" ancient symbols onto these plates. When we did it they told us to randomly put the symbols on the page, since we did not know what the symbols meant.

This page is very important. Because...
It is the page that I did! (I don't know why Blogger uploaded it sideways, on my computer it's facing the right way). We were told that we could put our initials in the corner at the bottom of the page. This one page took my 4 hours to etch in all of the symbols!




1 comment:

Karissa said...

You've been tagged!

And how is Twin Falls?