Sunday, July 10, 2011

June 2011

I think I will just insert the family letter I wrote for this month instead of retyping it up.


Dear Family,

It has been quite a while since I have remembered to write a family letter before receiving one for the month, though the credit must go to mom Manwaring for calling and reminding me. A LOT has happened since the last time I wrote. In fact too much has happened since then to possibly write about... However I will say briefly that I had an amazing experience as a first year teacher, and am working hard to make year number 2 a more organized, and thus less stressful, one. As for June specifically, I can’t imagine a more emotionally draining one.

June started out with the end of the school year. I wouldn’t have believed as a high school student, but it is more work for teachers than it is for students. I am glad to say I survived. I am really grateful for a husband who is an amazing support to me in so many different ways!

June 2 was our 5 year anniversary. It was great to celebrate 5 wonderful years of marriage; however it would have been a lot more fun if I hadn’t had to spend 8 hour of it in department meetings. The next week was 10 hours a day of working to finish up data reports, and compiling an inventory list of things in my classroom. On the 9th we got to have Nathan, Kendra, and James over for a quick overnight visit while they were on their way to Boise for Nathan to compete in a race. The next evening Jason, Dolly, and I left for our “vacation” in Utah. We left Friday night so we could be there to attend the Mount Timpanogos temple with my little brother who will be leaving on a mission at the end of the summer. That was a really nice experience. I am so proud of David, for living worthily to enter the temple and for choosing to serve the Lord on a mission.

The next week I had 4 long days of conferences. Monday and Tuesday I attended the Nutrition and Food Science conference at BYU. Wednesday and Thursday was full of the Utah Association and Family and Consumer Sciences Conference. This conference was a lot of fun. I got to catch up with a lot of the girls I went to school with, and a few of my favorite professors at the Y. While I really enjoyed networking, four straight days of conferences is really wearing.

I was also busy throughout the week trying to help as much as I could get ready for my little sister’s wedding. It is still weird to think of her as a married woman.  She got married on Friday June 17th in the Mount Timpanogos temple. While I don’t know her husband (McKell Gomm) as much as I wish I did, he seems to bring out the best in Lindsay, so I am happy for her. The biggest project for me while I was there was to finish altering a bridesmaid dress to be modest. It turned out really cute. I will try to post about it on my blog soon.

Sunday brought with it the first Barney great grandkid’s blessing. After that there was a party in a park to celebrate my uncle, who has since deployed to Afghanistan.

Monday I got spoiled by my parents. They helped me pick out a new phone, and then my mom took me out shopping and bought me a brand new outfit for school. They also made us a wonderful dinner before we left. Pain de Gouda has been a family favorite for years.

Monday night we stayed with Kendra and James and we headed back home to Twin Falls on Tuesday.

We found out just after we got home that one of my small cousins nearly drowned on vacation and my Nana just found out she has breast cancer. Worst of all was Wednesday though.

Wednesday, Dolly started walking really funny. We took her into the Vet, and found out she had thrown a clot in her leg. We were really worried about her. But by Friday we were able to bring her back home. A couple days later she had a stroke. That was a really hard time for us. Dolly is part of our family, and we will always love her. Fortunately, she recovered from that as well. We’ve had some good snuggles with her, but unfortunately she is back in the hospital. She now has some fluid in her lungs. We were hoping that we could enlist your help in praying for her. The doctor says she should be able to come home in a couple of days, but we know the power of prayer can work miracles. Below is a picture of our favorite furry friend.

We love you all, and are so glad June is over!

Nicole, Jason, and Dolly Manwaring


No comments: